Recipes of the week
Arugula, Potato, and Green Bean Salad with Creamy Walnut Dressing
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 6 ounces green beans trimmed
- 3 ounces arugula
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast in oven until fragrant, about 8 mins. Finely chop, set aside. Whisk vinegar, yogurt, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and nuts in small bowl; season with pepper. Add oil in a steady stream, whisking. Set aside.
Bring saucepan of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a colander to drain. Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Return pan of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until bright green, about 4 minutes. Transfer to ice-water bath to stop the cooking. Cut into 2-inch pieces.
Arrange arugula, potatoes, and green beans on a platter. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serves 8.
Smooth Tomato Gazpacho
- 2 pounds tomatoes (about 4), cored and coarsely chopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- ½ onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove, garlic
- ½ cup blanched almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Puree tomatoes, cucumber, onion, garlic, almonds, water, vinegar, oil, and 2 ¼ teaspoons salt in a blender until smooth; season with pepper.
Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. Drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper just before serving.
Recipes from: http://www.marthastewart.com/314152/arugula-potato-and-green-bean-salad-with